Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reflection Perception

The other day I walked into my office. It was was still dark outside when I got there because of the storms. The back wall of our office is all windows. So as I am walking down the aisle to my cubical I see a reflection in the window and a very large lady... not sure if I recognize her. Weird thing is I don't see myself so she must be walking in front of me. However, I am alone in the aisle. Maybe it's not a reflection and she's actually outside. No it's raining pretty good outside, don't think anyone would be just walking around out there.
Then the reality hit me... that person in the reflection IS ME! How can that be? I'm surely not that big!
My weight perception must be so off!! Weird! I don't see this person when I look in the mirror! Maybe if I did see this person the desire for weight loss would be more urgent, more focused!
Guess I need to try to see the reality more than the perceived, and work to make the perceived a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment